Saturday, April 7, 2012

AP art

All of these pieces are from my AP art class last year.

This one is a picture that I found of my grandfather pulling my mother and two older sisters on a sled. Granted, this was taken many years ago. Done in charcoal.
This one was incredibly fun. For the assignment, we weren't allowed to use paintbrushes, so I used the stem of the rose that I was using as a model, to paint this picture. Done with watercolor and ink.

It don't really like this one as much... it was the first time I had ever really used acrylic paints so it was a bit of an experiment, haha...
My poor little sister has had to become very patient with me. I use her as a model quite frequently since I lack the means to get real models, haha. She loves it though... maybe... yeah, not really... Done with charcoal.

This picture has a bit of a story with it. Our class was asked to do a service project for a senior citizens center so we went and took pictures of the residents there. (The service project was drawing a picture of them) I chose this old woman because I loved how much character and personality was in her face. I drew the picture from the photograph that we had taken. I was so excited to give it to her, but I found out that she had passed away, soon before I had finished. In the end, I was able to give the picture to her family, as a last memory of her smiling. It was a really incredible experience for me :) Done with toned paper and charcoal.

This picture was done as a gift for my grandmother. My grandpa passed away a few years ago and and I was so happy to do this for her. Done with graphite.

It don't really have any story to go with this one, it was just a picture that I had on my computer, haha. Done with New Pastel and charcoal.

We worked on doing portraits in our class and a friend of mine was kind enough to model for me. Done with toned paper and colored pencil.

This took FOREVER.... like, 9 hours or something (which is longer than I work on any piece, haha )... it was really ridiculous. Remind me to never draw wrinkled paper ever again, haha. Done in graphite.

No comments:

Post a Comment